Friends of North Bay Regional Center is growing in the right direction!
Our 2nd Annual Halloween Fund Raising event in Dillon Beach raised a total of $20,605 with the help of an Anonymous Donor who gave $10,000.00. $2,545.00 came from the Silent Auction, $2,920.00 in Ticket Sales and $5,140.00 from Donations. The theme, Day of the Dead –Dia de Los Muertos – entertained 125 people and was successful regardless of the unexpected rain and cold weather. Next year will mark 30 years of the Annual Halloween Fest (3rd year as a fundraising event) and our plan is to ask everyone to invite another family or friend!
This year, we added a new board member, Michelle Bachman, to join Matt Bloom, Walt Hampe and Pete Sanchez. Michelle’s Service Coordinator experience with North Bay Regional Center has been a wonderful addition to our team. We are always looking for qualified board members representing Napa, Sonoma and Solano counties.
“Like” us at our new FACEBOOK page at Friends of North Bay Regional Center. By having a presence on social media, we hope to increase our exposure in 2016. Look us up for pictures and information about future events and success stories highlighting the clients we serve.
In 2015, our funded requests increased by 56% from last year and included:
* iPads for children to increase their communication skills at home and in the community; and summer camps to enhance their social interactions with peers
* Medical requests that ranged from eyeglasses for a young adult woman whose prescription was not honored by Medi-Cal to a solar panel generator that allowed a young man to go camping with his family
* Swimming lessons for a young man who had lots of energy and wanted to learn how to swim
* Goal post for a Power Wheelchair Soccer team at Santa Rosa Junior College
* Rental deposits for young adults learning to live independently, and funds for furniture, food vouchers, utility payments and even a mattress
It’s been a good year and we plan to have a better year in 2016 with your help. Please save the date of Saturday, October 22, 2016 for next year’s Annual Halloween Fund Raising event and share the fun by inviting another family or friend to join you! And, remember, Friends is always looking for Corporate Donors as well as individual donors.
Suzette Soviero, Manager SsovieroFriendsofNBRC@gmail.com
Friends of North Bay Regional Center is a Registered California 501©3, FEIN-45-5628143
Actively Serving and Supporting Families with Special Needs in Our Community